Today is the last day of #DietitiansWeek 2015. All week RD’s from around the UK (and the world!) have been proudly promoting our profession so that that people understand a little more about what we do!
So in celebration of the fabulous and varied job that Dietitians do, here’s a round-up of some of the best bits on the web.
You can also Check out #DietitiansWeek on Twitter to see what other RD’s have been up to all over the country!
Great Articles, Videos & PODCASTS
- Tips for Newly Graduated RD’s from Gemma at Dietitian Without Borders
- Eating for £1 per day – Could You Do It? Dietitian Steve has a go to raise awareness of those living below the extreme poverty line
- What’s the Harm in Fad Diets – Canadian RD Diana talks fad diets and how they can impact on health
- Why Eating Well is Simple But Not Always Easy From the super RD’s at Eat & Think
- British Dietetic Association Media Spokesperson of The Year Priya gives an insight into her working life as an RD
- Brussels RD shares 6 Things You Didn’t Know About RD’s
- Nichola Whitehead tackles the public’s questions about food in her first #AskDietNic Vlog
- An oldie from my blog that seemed relevant after the #RDUK twitter chat – Asking for Evidence: Making Sense Of Nutrition Stories In The News
- Must read for RD’s in the media, Tim Crow from Aus reflects on how the public digest nutrition related headlines after his ‘Toxic Broccoli’ spoof post goes viral
- Eating Disorders RD Ursula Philpot Talks about why more RD’s should get involved in the media
- Gemma from Dietitian Without Borders asks: Are Dietitians Really The Food Police?
- Recap of those honoured in the #DietitianOscars, The BDA Awards 2015
- Mike Sweeny’s latest Nutrition Radio PODCAST
#RDUK Teamed up with #DietitiansWeek to host 3 great twitter chats on the topics of Workplace Health, Asking For Evidence and Healthy Ageing. You can see all the tweets and catch up by reading their round-ups on Storify HERE.
Want to learn more about becoming an RD or get more involved with our profession in the online world?
RD Blogs To Follow:
Top 10 RD’s To Follow On Twitter:
- Emma Carder
- Dr Duane Mellor
- Catherine Collins
- Priya Tew
- Dr Carrie Ruxton
- Nichola Whitehead
- Rosie Norman
- Gemma Sampson
- Catherine Saxelby
- Dr Joanna McMillan
Interested in Becoming an RD?
- Rosie Normans amazing post on everything you need to consider about studying Nutrition
- Read about why I decided to become a registered dietitian
- Everything you need to know about the requirements to become a UK RD on the British Dietetic Associations Website
If you want to learn a bit more about the different roles the RD’s do, check out my ‘Dietitian a Day’ interviews from Dietitians Week 2014 here:
- Gemma – Industry Dietitian & Health Blogger
- Nichola – NHS Diabestiy RD & Health Blogger
- Rosie – On Being a Student Dietitian
- Beth – Eating Disorders Dietitian
- Sian – Freelance RD
Want to know more about the ethics of blogging and using social media as an RD?
Check out the Resources Page at RDs For Disclosure UK
Enjoy! And Happy Dietitians Week!